Screen vs Screenshot - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between screen and screenshot
is that screen
is a physical divider intended to block an area from view, or provide shelter from something dangerous while screenshot
is an image of computer screen output at a given moment in time.
As verbs the difference between screen and screenshot
is that screen
is to filter by passing through a screen while screenshot
is to take a screenshot.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A physical divider intended to block an area from view, or provide shelter from something dangerous.
* (William Shakespeare)
* (Francis Bacon)
- Your leavy screens throw down.
- Some ambitious men seem as screens to princes in matters of danger and envy.
A material woven from fine wires intended to block animals or large particles from passing while allowing gasses, liquids and finer particles to pass.
The informational viewing area of electronic output devices; the result of the output.
* 1977 , Sex Pistols, Spunk , “Problems”:
The viewing surface or area of a movie, or moving picture or slide presentation.
- You won't find me living for the screen .
, title=(The Celebrity
, passage=The stories did not seem to me to touch life. […] They left me with the impression of a well-delivered stereopticon lecture, with characters about as life-like as the shadows on the screen
, and whisking on and off, at the mercy of the operator.}}
One of the individual regions of a video game, etc. divided into separate screens.
* 1988 , Marcus Berkmann, Sophistry'' (video game review) in ''Your Sinclair issue 30, June 1988
(basketball) An offensive tactic in which a player stands so as to block a defender from reaching a teammate.
(baseball) The protective netting which protects the audience from flying objects
- The idea is to reach the 21st level of an enormous network of interlocking screens , each of which is covered with blocks that you bounce along on.
In mining and quarries, a frame supporting a mesh of bars or wires used to classify fragments of stone by size, allowing the passage of fragments whose a diameter is smaller than the distance between the bars or wires.
(printing) A stencil upon a framed mesh through which paint is forced onto printed-on material; the frame with the mesh itself.
(nautical) A collection of less-valuable vessels that travel with a more valuable one for the latter's protection.
(architecture) A dwarf wall or partition carried up to a certain height for separation and protection, as in a church, to separate the aisle from the choir, etc.
* (basketball) pick
* Chinese screen
* moving screen
* screen door
* screen printing
* screen wall
* silver screen
* touch screen
To filter by passing through a screen.
To remove information, or censor intellectual material from viewing
- Mary screened the beans to remove the clumps of gravel.
(film, television) To present publicly (on the screen).
- The news report was screened because it accused the politician of wrongdoing.
To fit with a screen.
- The news report will be screened at 11:00 tonight.
- We need to screen this porch. These bugs are driving me crazy.
* screen in
* screen out
An image of computer screen output at a given moment in time.
* screen capture
To take a screenshot.
- To help to improve the software, make sure to screenshot any bugs you find.