Thinness vs Scragginess - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between thinness and scragginess
is that thinness
is the state of being thin while scragginess
is roughness; irregularity; jaggedness.
The state of being thin.
Roughness; irregularity; jaggedness.
* 2004 , Norman R. Beaupré, Marginal Enemies , ISBN 9781595261427,
Leanness or thinness, especially as tending toward haggardness; scrawniness.
* 1900 , , "A Wrong Altar" in Cupid's Garden .
- He wore the scragginess of an unshaven face like a lost man in pursuit of some safe harbor.
* 1922 , , Man and Maid , ch. 21:
- [I]f Marian's girlish slimness showed faint, prophetic signs of degenerating into scragginess , George was still far too deeply in love to heed such evil and irreverent prophecies.
- There is not the least look of scragginess about her, just extreme slenderness, a small-boned creature of perhaps five foot four or five.