Gull vs Scourie - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between gull and scourie
is that gull
is (soccer) a player, supporter or other person connected with while scourie
is (scotland) a young gull.
From (etyl) gulle, ultimately from (etyl) .
A seabird of the genus Larus or of the family Laridae.
* (seabird) mew, seagull
Perhaps from an obsolete term
(slang) A cheating trick; a fraud.
* 1599 ,
One easily cheated; a dupe.
- BENEDICK. [Aside] I should think this a gull , but that the white-bearded fellow speaks it: knavery cannot, sure, hide itself in such reverence.
* (dupe) See also
To deceive or cheat.
- The vulgar, gulled into rebellion, armed.
* 1819 , , Otho the Great , Act IV, Scene I, verse 162-165
- I'm not gulling him for the emperor's service.
- speak your curses out
- Against me, who would sooner crush and grind
- A brace of toads, than league with them to oppress
(US, slang) To mislead.
(US, slang) To trick and defraud.
- An innocent lady, gull an Emperor
(Scotland) a young gull.