Scope vs Breadth - What's the difference?
Scope is a synonym of breadth.
As nouns the difference between scope and breadth
is that scope
is the breadth, depth or reach of a subject; a domain while breadth
is the extent or measure of how broad or wide something is.
As a verb scope
is to perform a cursory investigation, as to scope out
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The breadth, depth or reach of a subject; a domain.
A device used in aiming a projectile, through which the person aiming looks at the intended target
(computing) The region of program source in which an identifier is meaningful.
(logic) The shortest sub-wff of which a given instance of a logical connective is a part.
(linguistics) The region of an utterance to which some modifying element applies.
(slang) Shortened form of periscope, telescope, microscope or oscilloscope.
- the scope of an adverb
To perform a cursory investigation, as to scope out .
(slang) To perform arthroscopic surgery.
(slang) To examine under a microscope.
- The surgeon will scope the football player's knee to repair damage to a ligament.
- The entomologist explained that he could not tell what species of springtail we were looking at without scoping it.
The extent or measure of how broad or wide something is.
A piece of fabric of standard width.
Scope or range, especially of knowledge or skill.
(math) (graph theory ) the length of the longest path between two vertices on a graph
* (extent or measure of how broad something is) width
* (piece of fabric of standard width)
* (scope or range) extent, range, scope, size
* acre breadth
* bizygomatic breadth
* breadth of accommodation
* breadth-first search
* breadth-first traversal
* breadth-height index
* breadth index
* breadth indicator
* breadth of effect
* breadth of market
* breadth-of-market theory
* breadth of mind
* breadth of the market
* breadth of tone
* curve of constant breadth
* finger-breadth, fingerbreadth
* finger's breadth
* foot-breadth, footbreadth
* hair's breadth, hairsbreadth
* handbreadth, hand's breadth, handsbreadth
* index of breadth
* straw-breadth, straw's breadth