As a verb ascend
is to move upward, to fly, to soar.
As a noun scend is
the rising motion of water as a wave passes; a surge.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To move upward, to fly, to soar.
To slope in an upward direction.
- He ascended to heaven upon a cloud.
To go up.
- The road ascends the mountain.
- You ascend the stairs and take a right.
(figurative) To rise; to become higher, more noble, etc.
- She ascended the throne when her mother abdicated.
- Our inquiries ascend to the remotest antiquity.
The rising motion of water as a wave passes; a surge