Fulmiate vs Scarify - What's the difference?

fulmiate | scarify |

As a verb scarify is

(obsolete|or|nonstandard) to scar.


Not English

Fulmiate has no English definition. It may be misspelled.

English words similar to 'fulmiate':

flintlike, fullmade, flintware, fahlunite, folinate




  • (obsolete, or, nonstandard) To scar.
  • (obsolete, or, nonstandard) Denude, or lay waste to.
  • (horticulture) To remove thatch (build-up of organic matter on the soil) from a lawn, to dethatch.
  • (horticulture) To damage the testa (seed coat) of a seed by cutting, scraping, chemicals, hot water, or fire to allow permeation of water and faster germination.