As nouns the difference between scarp and scari
is that scarp
is the steep artificial slope below a fort's parapet while scari
As a verb scarp
is (earth science|geography|transitive) to cut, scrape, erode, or otherwise make into a scarp or escarpment.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
the steep artificial slope below a fort's parapet
(geology) a cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge caused by erosion; the steeper side of an escarpment
* 2014, (Paul Salopek), Blessed. Cursed. Claimed. , National Geographic (December 2014)[http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2014/12/pilgrim-roads/salopek-text]
- Sweating under the sun, we scale the barren eastern scarp of the Great Rift Valley (Area B), edging carefully around controversial, razor-wired Israeli settlements (Area C).
(earth science, geography, transitive) to cut, scrape, erode, or otherwise make into a scarp or escarpment
- to scarp the face of a ditch or a rock
- From scarped cliff and quarried stone. — Tennyson.
- Sweep ruins from the scarped mountain. — Emerson.