Witchcraft vs Satanism - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between witchcraft and satanism
is that witchcraft
is the practice of witches; magic, sorcery or the use supernatural powers to influence or predict events while satanism
The practice of witches; magic, sorcery or the use supernatural powers to influence or predict events.
* 1387 , John Trevisa (transl.), Polychronicon Ranulphi Higden Monachi Cestrensis ,
- And in þat ilond is sortilege and wicchecraft i-vsed. For wommen þere selliþ schipmen wynde, as it were i-closed vnder þre knottes of þrede, so þat þe more wynd he wol haue, he wil vnknette þe mo knottes.
- Wiccans believe in a modernised form of witchcraft .
Worship of Satan (usually synonymous with "the Devil").
A profession, philosophy, or ideological construct featuring a positive, admirable, or useful association to the figure, character or entity known as 'Satan'.
- Religious groups that follow Satanism include Luciferians and Laveyans .
* LaVeyan Satanism, Luciferian, LaVeyanism
* Satanism is not always capitalized in all senses.
* Self-identified Satanists typically use the term Satanism'' in senses 3 and 4, and use the terms ''Satanic'' and ''Satanist analogously.
* satanic, Satanic
* satanist, Satanist