Sardine vs Sprat - What's the difference?
Sardine is a see also of sprat.
As nouns the difference between sardine and sprat
is that sardine
is any one of several species of small herring which are commonly preserved in olive oil or in tins for food, especially the pilchard, or (european sardine
) () is similar the american sardines of the atlantic coast are mostly the young of the common herring and of the menhaden while sprat
is any of various small, herring-like, marine fish in the genus , in the family clupeidae.
As a verb sardine
is to fish for sardines.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Any one of several species of small herring which are commonly preserved in olive oil or in tins for food, especially the pilchard, or (European sardine) () is similar. The American sardines of the Atlantic coast are mostly the young of the common herring and of the menhaden.
* (rfdate) Rev 4:3 KJV
(label) Someone packed or crammed into a small space.
- And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
to fish for sardines
* 1997 , Peter Landesman, The raven: a novel
to pack or cram together tightly.
* 1954 , Tom McCahill, The modern sports car
- No one on Monhegan says they saw them, but a man sardining says he saw it headed there, or at least some boat with people atop it.
* 1986 , The New Yorker - Volumen 62 ,
- Six-foot- four McMichael (a past master at the art of sardining ) not only crammed enough clothes for the trip into the mighty midget, but carried a full set of golf clubs and a banjo, as well!
* 2007 , Julie Kavanagh, Nureyev: The Life
- Would it be unbearably elitist to suggest that they would be more enjoyable still if the director removed a row or two of chairs, instead of sardining as many listeners as possible into the intimate music room?
- There were already six members of the Nureyev family living in a room sixteen meters square, the children sardined on one mattress on the floor, their parents separated by only a curtain.
Any of various small, herring-like, marine fish in the genus , in the family Clupeidae.
* a sprat to catch a mackerel
floor, story/storey (level )
, sprat, spratovi
, sprata, spratova
, spratu, spratovima
, sprat, spratove
, sprate, spratovi
, spratu, spratovima
, spratom, spratovima