Langar vs Sangar - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between langar and sangar
is that langar
is a free meal served by a religion, particularly sikhism or sufism while sangar
is (military|uk) a stone breastwork; a fortified niche or look-out post.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A free meal served by a religion, particularly Sikhism or Sufism.
(military, UK) A stone breastwork; a fortified niche or look-out post.
* 1990 , (Peter Hopkirk), The Great Game , Folio Society 2010, page 422:
* 2002 , Stephen Hughes, The Iraqi Threat and Saddam Hussein?s Weapons of Mass Destruction ,
- At the summits of these the enemy sharpshooters waited for them in sangars , or rock-built entrenchments, each of which had to be taken before the advance could safely continue.
* 2003 , Mike Ryan, Secret Operations of the SAS ,
- A sangar' is a breastwork in the form of stonewalls built without bounding material. If stones are unavailable at or near the picket site sandbags are brought in to build the ' sangar .
* 2007 , David Humphry, Siege ,
- As the sun finally set, the rebels rushed the sangars , but were cut to pieces by the deadly accurate SAS fire.
- The game?s up, thought Piet as the Burghers returned fire and moved forward to attack the sangar .