As a noun procurement
is (uncountable) the purchasing department of a company.
As a verb sales is
(uncountable) The purchasing department of a company.
(countable) The act of procuring or obtaining; obtainment; attainment.
- He was responsible for the procurement of materials and supplies.
Efficient contrivance; management; agency.
- I have a lot of experience in the procurement of construction materials and sub-contracts.
- They think it done by her procurement . -Dryden.
* chief procurement officer
The activities involved in selling goods or services.
The amount or value of goods and services sold.
* Often used attributively.