As nouns the difference between salad and endive
is that salad
is a food made primarily of a mixture of raw or cold ingredients, typically vegetables, usually served with a dressing such as vinegar or mayonnaise while endive
is a leafy salad vegetable, (taxlink
), which is often confused with chicory.
A food made primarily of a mixture of raw or cold ingredients, typically vegetables, usually served with a dressing such as vinegar or mayonnaise.
A raw vegetable of the kind used in salads.
* caesar salad salad created by restaurateur Caesar Cardini
* corn salad
* egg salad
* fruit salad
* garden salad
* Greek salad
* pasta salad
* potato salad
* salad bar
* salad days
* salad dodger
* salad dressing
* salad oil
* seafood salad
* Serbo-Croatian salad
* Shopska salad
* tomato salad salad made with tomatoes
* tuna salad salad made with tuna
* Waldorf salad salad made with celery, apples and walnuts
* Watergate salad
A leafy salad vegetable, , which is often confused with chicory.
* , ; (broad-leaved endive)
* Belgian endive (from Cichorium intybus )