(LGBT, neologism) Of or pertaining to cisnormativity.
* 2009 , Greta R. Bauer, Rebecca Hammond, Robb Travers, Matthias Kaay, Karin M. Hohenadel, & Michelle Boyce, "
'I Don't Think This Is Theoretical; This Is Our Lives': How Erasure Impacts Health Care for Transgender People", Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care , Volume 20, Issue 5, September-October 2009, page 353:
* 2012 , Jen Roberton & Emily Milton, "
- This erasure reflects the priorities, biases, and oversights of writers and publishers who function in a cisnormative system, one in which people are assumed to be cissexual.
Cisnormative assumptions and queer sex", The Strand (Victoria University), Volume 55, Issue 5, 29 October 2012, page 4:
* 2013 , Bailey Dineen, "
- Cisnormative assumptions are tied in with discourses surrounding HIV and STIs.
My Queer Rage", The Cornell Daily Sun (Cornell University), Volume 130, Number 34, 11 October 2013, page 7:
- In a cisnormative world, I could not comprehend the humiliation I felt, at eight years old, when I received a “girl” bike for Christmas, because everything around me reflected the experiences of people for whom the color of their bike somehow aligned with their genitalia.
From (etyl) sage (11th century), from . The noun meaning "man of profound wisdom" is recorded from circa 1300. Originally applied to the Seven Sages of Greece .
- All you sage counsellors, hence!
(obsolete) grave; serious; solemn
- commanders, who, cloaking their fear under show of sage advice, counselled the general to retreat
- [Great bards] in sage and solemn tunes have sung.
A wise person or spiritual teacher; a man or woman of gravity and wisdom, especially, a teacher venerable for years, and of sound judgment and prudence; a grave or stoic philosopher.
* 1748 , (David Hume), Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral , London: Oxford University Press (1973), § 34:
- We aspire to the magnanimous firmness of the philosophic sage .
* deep thinker, egghead, intellectual, pundit
* sage on the stage
* Seven Sages
From (etyl) sauge, from (etyl) salvia, from , see safe .
The plant Salvia officinalis and savory spice produced from it; also planted for ornamental purposes.
* (herb) ramona
* Sage Derby
* sage dog
* sage green
* sage grouse
* sage tea
* sage thrasher
* wood sage
* (Salvia officinalis)
(Internet slang) The act of using the word or option sage in the email field or a checkbox of an imageboard when posting a reply
* This word is specific to imageboards. The original purpose of sage is to not bump a thread if one deems one's own post to be of little value.