As nouns the difference between fabric and sagathy
is that fabric
is (archaic) structure, building while sagathy
is a fine twilled worsted fabric which was used formerly for clothes and curtains and is similar to serge.
* fabrick (obsolete)
(archaic) structure, building
(archaic) The act of constructing; construction; fabrication.
- Anon out of the earth a fabric huge / Rose like an exhalation.
(archaic) The structure of anything; the manner in which the parts of a thing are united; workmanship; texture; make.
- Tithe was received by the bishop for the fabric of the churches for the poor.
The framework underlying a structure
- cloth of a beautiful fabric
- the fabric of our lives
A material made of fibers, a textile or cloth.
- the fabric of the universe
(petrology) The appearance of crystalline grains in a rock
(computing) Interconnected nodes that look like a textile 'fabric' when viewed collectively from a distance
- cotton fabric
- The internet is a fabric of computers connected by routers
* See also
a fine twilled worsted fabric which was used formerly for clothes and curtains and is similar to serge