Cannibalism vs Sacrament - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between cannibalism and sacrament
is that cannibalism
is the act of eating another of one's own species while sacrament
is (islam) the rites in the five pillars of islam.
The act of eating another of one's own species.
In speech, the occurrence of one word "eating" part or all of the next word, because the syllables are the same. For example, "Look, an MIT shirt" for "Look, an MIT T-shirt".
(Islam) The rites in the five pillars of Islam.
* 1978 , Kenneth Cragg, Islam and the Muslim , page 62
* 1992 , Jeffrey J. Coonjohn, Stories from the front, Page 62
(Christianity) A sacred act or ceremony in Christianity. In Roman Catholic theology, a sacrament is defined as "an outward sign instituted by Christ to give grace."
The pledge or token of an oath or solemn covenant; a sacred thing; a mystery.
* Jeremy Taylor
The oath of allegiance taken by soldiers in Ancient Rome; hence, a sacred ceremony used to impress an obligation; a solemn oath-taking; an oath.
- God sometimes sent a light of fire, and pillar of a cloud and the sacrament of a rainbow, to guide his people through their portion of sorrows.
- I'll take the sacrament on 't.
* The Roman Catholic and Eastern churches list seven sacraments:
* communion, Mass, or Eucharist
* extreme unction
* holy orders, or ordination
* The Protestant churches list two sacraments:
* Lord's Supper
* anointing of the sick
* Extreme Unction
* Eucharistic liturgy
* Holy Eucharist
* Holy Sacrament
* last rites
* Lord's Supper
* sacrament of the Eucharist
* (wikipedia "sacrament"