Indian vs Sabzi - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between indian and sabzi
is that indian
is indian, american indian (a member of one of the indigenous peoples of the americas
) while sabzi
is (india) a green vegetable.
Of or relating to India or its people; or (formerly) of the East Indies.
(obsolete) Eastern; Oriental.
* 1596 , (Edmund Spenser), The Faerie Queene , volume 10:
(dated) Of or relating to the indigenous peoples of the Americas.
(North America) Of foods: made with Indian corn or maize.
- The morrow next apprear'd with purple hayre / Yet dropping fresh out of the Indian fount, / And bringing light into the heavens fayre .
(chess) Designating any of various chess openings now characterised by black's attempt to control the board through knights and fianchettoed bishops rather than with a central pawn advance.
- Indian''' bread; '''Indian meal
* (of or or relating to India or its people) (l), (l)
* (of or related to indigenous peoples of the Americas) (l), (l), (l) (chiefly Canadian), (l)
* Amerindian (American Indian)
* Hindian (Asian Indian)
* Indian clover
* Indian elephant
* Indian file
* Indian giving
* Indian Ocean
* Indian red
* Indian sign
* Indian style
* Indian sunburn
* Indian tea
* too many chiefs and not enough Indians
A person from India.
A member of one of the indigenous peoples of the Americas (generally excluding the Aleut, Inuit, Metis, or Yupik).
(UK, colloquial) A meal at (or taken away from) an Indian restaurant.
- We're going out tonight for an Indian .
* (person from India) Asian Indian
* (indigenous person of the Americas) Amerindian, Native American, Red Indian
* (indigenous person of the Americas) Native Canadian, First Nations person
* See also
(en proper noun
(nonstandard) Any language spoken by Indians.
(India) a green vegetable
(India) the larger leaves and the seed capsules of Indian hemp which are used to make bhang