Crusts vs Rusts - What's the difference?
As a noun crusts
As a verb rusts is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The deteriorated state of iron or steel as a result of moisture and oxidation.
A similar substance based on another metal (usually with qualification, such as "copper rust").
- The rust on my bicycle chain made cycling to work very dangerous.
A reddish-brown color.
- aerugo. Green or blue-green copper rust ; verdigris. (American Heritage Dictionary, 1973)
A disease of plants caused by a reddish-brown fungus.
* cedar-apple rust
* coffee rust
* Rust Belt
* rust bucket
* rust fungus
* rust mite
* stem rust
* wheat rust
* white pine blister rust
* white rust
to oxidize, especially of iron or steel.
to cause to oxidize.
- The patio furniture had rusted in the wind-driven spray.
To be affected with the parasitic fungus called rust.
(figuratively) To degenerate in idleness; to become dull or impaired by inaction.
- The wind-driven spray had thoroughly rusted the patio furniture.
- Must I rust in Egypt? never more / Appear in arms, and be the chief of Greece?
* oxidise / oxidize
* ferric oxide