As verbs the difference between oxidized and rust
is that oxidized
) while rust
is to grow.
As an adjective oxidized
is that has reacted with oxygen, or been modified by oxidation.
That has reacted with oxygen, or been modified by oxidation
The deteriorated state of iron or steel as a result of moisture and oxidation.
A similar substance based on another metal (usually with qualification, such as "copper rust").
- The rust on my bicycle chain made cycling to work very dangerous.
A reddish-brown color.
- aerugo. Green or blue-green copper rust ; verdigris. (American Heritage Dictionary, 1973)
A disease of plants caused by a reddish-brown fungus.
* cedar-apple rust
* coffee rust
* Rust Belt
* rust bucket
* rust fungus
* rust mite
* stem rust
* wheat rust
* white pine blister rust
* white rust
to oxidize, especially of iron or steel.
to cause to oxidize.
- The patio furniture had rusted in the wind-driven spray.
To be affected with the parasitic fungus called rust.
(figuratively) To degenerate in idleness; to become dull or impaired by inaction.
- The wind-driven spray had thoroughly rusted the patio furniture.
- Must I rust in Egypt? never more / Appear in arms, and be the chief of Greece?
* oxidise / oxidize
* ferric oxide