Grunty vs Runty - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between grunty and runty
is that grunty
is making grunting sounds while runty
is having the characteristics of a runt.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Making grunting sounds.
* 1996 , Robert Amerson, From the Hidewood: memories of a Dakota neighborhood (page 75)
Resembling grunt work; repetitive, mindless, unrewarding.
- They let the hog loose, and the squeal subsided into a grunty moaning as it wandered erratically, the red draining pink into the snow around the yard.
having the characteristics of a runt
* 1965 , June 17, “Love—and Death—in the African Night”, The Times
* 1969 , October 4, Roy Hay, “Peaches and Plums”, The Times
- From the light above us thin shadows flickered and a runty little image of the defiance in front of me fell on to the table. [...] The little runt was still singed and groggy [...]
- Only later did I discover that a runty old almond tree, hidden behind a laburnum, riddled with peach leaf curl, [...]