As nouns the difference between cows and running
is that cows
is while running
is the action of the verb to run
As verbs the difference between cows and running
is that cows
) while running
As an adjective running is
moving or advancing by running.
As an adverb running is
(informal) consecutively; in a row.
Moving or advancing by running.
# Of a horse, having a running gait; not a trotter or pacer.
successive; one following the other without break or intervention
Flowing; easy; cursive.
- to be away two days running
Continuous; keeping along step by step.
- running handwriting
- a running explanation
- a running conquest
(botany) Extending by a slender climbing or trailing stem.
- What are art and science if not a running commentary on Nature?
(medicine) Discharging pus.
- a running vine
- a running sore
(informal) consecutively; in a row
- Mom's strawberry jam won the blue ribbon at the Holland County Fair three years running .
The action of the verb to run .
The activity of running as a form of exercise, as a sport, or for any other reason
- His running of the business leaves something to be desired.
That which runs or flows; the quantity of a liquid which flows in a certain time or during a certain operation.
- Running is good exercise.
The discharge from an ulcer or other sore.
- the first running of a still
* in running order
* in the running
* out of the running
* running costs
* running dictation