Female vs Rivaless - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between female and rivaless
is that female
is one of the female (feminine) sex or gender while rivaless
is (obsolete) a female rival.
As an adjective female
is belonging to the sex which typically produces eggs, which in humans and most other mammals is typically the one which has xx chromosomes; belonging to the sex which has larger gametes (for species which have two sexes and for which this distinction can be made).
Belonging to the sex which typically produces eggs, which in humans and most other mammals is typically the one which has XX chromosomes; belonging to the sex which has larger gametes (for species which have two sexes and for which this distinction can be made).
* 1987 , Don't Shoot[,] Darling!: Women's Independent Filmmaking in Australia , page 350:
Belonging to the feminine (social) gender.
(grammar, less common than 'feminine') Feminine; of the feminine grammatical gender.
* 2012 , Naomi McIlwraith, Kiyâm: Poems (ISBN 1926836693), page 43:
- A travelling shot of a harbour view near Sydney's White Bay moves into a domestic interior as a female voice says, 'There was nowhere else to live except alone.'
(figuratively) Having an internal socket, as in a connector or pipe fitting.
- The teacher's voice inflects the pulse of nêhiyawêwin as he teaches us. He says a prayer in the first class. Nouns, we learn, have a gender. In French, nouns are male or female , but in Cree, nouns are living or non-living, animate or inanimate.
* (figuratively) socket
* female-assigned, cisfemale, transfemale
One of the female (feminine) sex or gender.
# A human member of the feminine sex or gender.
# An animal of the sex that produces eggs.
# (botany) A plant which produces only that kind of reproductive organ capable of developing into fruit after impregnation or fertilization; a pistillate plant.
* girl; see also
* woman; see also
* female genital mutilation
* (Symbol for female)
* sex, gender, gender identity
(obsolete) A female rival.