As verbs the difference between circulate and revolve
is that circulate
is to move in circles or through a circuit while revolve
) to orbit a central point.
to move in circles or through a circuit
to cause (a person or thing) to move in circles or through a circuit
to move from person to person, as at a party
to spread or disseminate
to become widely known
- to circulate money or gossip
* put about
(label) To orbit a central point.
To turn on an axis.
(label) To recur in cycles.
- It is never possible to settle down to the ordinary routine of life at sea until the screw begins to revolve . There is an hour or two, after the passengers have embarked, which is disquieting and fussy.
(label) To ponder on, to reflect repeatedly upon, to consider all aspects of.
* 1843 , (Thomas Carlyle), '', Bk.2, Ch.6, ''Monk Samson :
- He sits silent, revolving many thoughts, at the foot of St. Edmund’s Shrine.
* the world doesn't revolve around you