* recovre (obsolete)
The act or process of regaining or repossession of something lost.
A return to normal health.
A return to former status.
Renewed growth after a slump (economy).
* recovery CD
* recovery position
(obsolete) To look at again, to reflect on.
To review, alter and amend, especially of written material.
* 1951', , ''Preface to the '''Revised Edition'', ''The Holy Quran: English Translation and Commentary , 2011,
- This statute should be revised .
* 1983', Willard Scott Thompson, ''Chapter 1: The Third World Revisited'', Willard Scott Thompson (editor), ''The Third World: Premises of U.S. Policy'', ' Revised edition,
- There has been a demand for a revised edition of my English Translation and Commentary of the Holy Qur?an since the end of the Second World War.
* 2008 , Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams. The Craft of Research , 3rd edition, University of Chicago Press,
- The chapter that deals specifically with singular examples is Daniel Pipes? revised study of the Third World peoples of Soviet Central Asia.
(UK, Australia, New Zealand) To look over again (something previously written or learned), especially in preparation for an examination.
- The best writers know better. They write a first draft not to show readers, but to discover what case they can make for their point and whether it stands up to their own scrutiny. Then they revise' and ' revise until they think their readers will think so too.
* 1957 , Clifford Thomas Morgan, James Deese, How to Study , McGraw-Hill,
- I should be revising for my exam in a few days.
* 2003 , Stuart Redman, English Vocabulary in Use: Pre-Intermediate & Intermediate , 2nd edition, Cambridge University Press,
- In revising your notes, you can also reorganize them so that they are more legible, better arranged, and in a more useful condition for subsequent reviews.
- 4 Is it necessary to revise vocabulary (= study it again for a second or third time)?
* 2008', Tom Burns, Sandra Sinfield, ''Chapter 19: How to build your memory and '''revise effectively'', ''Essential Study Skills: The Complete Guide to Success at University , SAGE Publications, UK,
- 5 Is it better to revise' vocabulary occasionally for long periods of time, or is it better to ' revise regularly for short periods of time?
* (look over again) review
A review or a revision.
(printing) A second proof sheet; a proof sheet taken after the first or a subsequent correction.
* 1837 , Anthony Panizzi, A letter to His Royal Highness the President of the Royal Society, on the New Catalogue of the Library of that Institution Now in the Press ,
* 1869 August 16, , letter to W. H. Bradbury, 1983, N. John Hall (editor), The Letters of Anthony Trollope , Volume 1: 1835-1870,
- The question is, not whether the revises of the Catalogue, which I was obliged to circulate prematurely, were faultless, but whether the alterations which I was desired to make would not render them worse.
* 1917 , United States Congress: House Committee on Rules, Alleged Divulgence of President?s note to Belligerent Powers ,
- Looking back at the revises of Bullhampton it seems to me that the printers have fallen into some error as to the numbering of Chapters XXXIV—XXXV—XXXVI—which should have been XXXV—XXXVI— and XXXVII.
* 1997 , , The Practice of Writing , 2011,
- I still held the revises ; kept them until the type was made up and went to the press, for final page proof.
- until I had corrected the proofs of the novel and seen the revises , so that the text was irrevocably fixed, before beginning the screenplay.