As nouns the difference between retrogression and regression
is that retrogression
is a deterioration or decline to a previous state while regression
is an action of regressing, a return to a previous state.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A deterioration or decline to a previous state.
* 1849 , Hogg's Weekly Instructor (page 388)
(biology) A return to a less complex condition.
- History and experience, the enshriners of the past, and investigation, the discoverer of the present and preparer for the future, will prevent retrogression .
An action of regressing, a return to a previous state.
* 1899: Thorstein Veblen, The Theory of the Leisure Class
(psychotherapy) A psychotherapeutic method whereby healing is facilitated by inducing the patient to act out behaviour typical of an earlier developmental stage.
(statistics) An analytic method to measure the association of one or more independent variables with a dependent variable.
(statistics) An equation using specified and associated data for two or more variables such that one variable can be estimated from the remaining variable(s).
(programming) The reappearance of a bug in a piece of software that had previously been fixed.
- Few of these groups or communities that are classed as "savage" show no traces of regression from a more advanced cultural stage.
* linear regression
* regression to the mean
* regression testing (computing)
* regression therapy (psychotherapy)