A necessity or prerequisite; something required or obligatory.
(engineering) A statement (in domain specific terms) which specifies a verifiable constraint on an implementation that it shall undeniably meet or (a)'' be deemed unacceptable, or ''(b)'' result in implementation failure, or ''(c) result in system failure.
* Adjectives often used with "requirement": stringent, complex, reasonable, mandatory, important, financial, medical, educational, physical, chemical
* Verbs often used with "requirement": meet, comply with, satisfy, fulfill, impose, waive, abolish, drop, add, remove, fail to meet, ignore, understand, state, specify, increase, reduce, change, modify
* (prerequisite) condition, prerequisite, necessity
* functional requirement
* requirements engineering
* requirements analysis
To dictate policy.
To control or direct according to rule, principle, or law.
- the laws which regulate the successions of the seasons
To adjust to a particular specification or requirement: regulate temperature.
To adjust (a mechanism) for accurate and proper functioning.
- The herdsmen near the frontier adjudicated their own disputes, and regulated their own police.
- to regulate a watch, i.e. adjust its rate of running so that it will keep approximately standard time
To put or maintain in order.
- to regulate the temperature of a room, the pressure of steam, the speed of a machine, etc.
- to regulate the disordered state of a nation or its finances
- to regulate one's eating habits