Representative vs Representatives - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between representative and representatives
is that representative
is while representatives
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Typical; having the same properties or interest as a larger group.
- Are you sure this paper is representative of your child's writing?
- If you took all the fools out of the legislature, it wouldn't be a representative body anymore. — Texas State Senator Carl Parker.
One who may speak for another in a particular capacity, especially in negotiation.
A member of a legislative or governing body who represents a constituency.
- I will send a representative to work out the details of the contract.
One that is taken as typical of its class.
(US, politics) A member of the .
- She served four terms as representative of her local at the national union convention.
Company agent who visits potential purchasers, salesman.
- All representatives face re-election every two years.
* See also