Rendest vs Renest - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between rendest and renest
is that rendest
is (archaic) (rend
) while renest
is (of birds) to nest again or anew.
To separate into parts with force or sudden violence; to tear asunder; to split; to burst
- Powder rends a rock in blasting.
* 1610 , , act 1 scene 2
- Lightning rends an oak.
* 1970 , Alvin Toffler, Future Shock'', ''Bantam Books , pg. 317:
- If thou more murmur'st, I will rend an oak / And peg thee in his knotty entrails till / Thou hast howl'd away twelve winters.
To part or tear off forcibly; to take away by force.
To be rent or torn; to become parted; to separate; to split.
- We are most vulnerable now to the messages of the new subcults, to the claims and counterclaims that rend the air.
- Relationships may rend if tempers flare.
- Rending of garments for shiva is a Jewish tradition.
(of birds) To nest again or anew.