As verbs the difference between refund and remunerate
is that refund
is to return (money) to (someone); to reimburse while remunerate
is to compensate; to pay.
As a noun refund
is an amount of money returned.
To return (money) to (someone); to reimburse.
- A governor, that had pillaged the people, was sentenced to refund what he had wrongfully taken. — L'Estrange.
(obsolete) To supply again with funds.
- If you find this computer for sale anywhere at a lower price, we'll refund you the difference.
(obsolete, rare) To pour back.
- to refund a railroad loan
- Were the humours of the eye tinctured with any colour, they would refund that colour upon the object. — Ray.
An amount of money returned.
- If the camera is faulty, you can return it to the store where you bought it for a refund.
To compensate; to pay.