Demoted vs Remoted - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between demoted and remoted
is that demoted
) while remoted
To lower the rank or status of something.
* (lower the rank of ): promote
At a distance; disconnected.
Distant or otherwise inaccessible.
- A remote operator may control the vehicle with a wireless handset.
- After his fall from the emperor's favor, the general was posted to a remote outpost.
- There was only a remote possibility that we would be rescued as we were far outside of the regular shipping lanes.
- After her mother's death, my friend grew remote for a time while she dealt with her grief.
* (at a distance ): disconnected, hands-free, wireless
* (distant or otherwise inaccessible ): far, hidden, outlying
* (unlikely ): abysmal, faint, improbable, poor
* (emotionally detached ): aloof, dispassionate, distant, removed, withdrawn
* (at a distance ): attached, connected, contiguous, direct
* (distant or otherwise inaccessible ): close, near, proximate
* (unlikely ): likely, probable, reasonable, sure
* (emotionally detached ): companionable, intimate, involved, passionate
* remote control
* remote surgery
Short for remote control.
(broadcasting) An element of broadcast programming originating away from the station's or show's control room.
- I hate it when my uncle comes over to visit; he always sits in the best chair and hogs the remote .
* (remote control) clicker
(computing) To connect to a computer from a remote location.