As nouns the difference between religion and druidism
is that religion
is the belief in and worship of a supernatural controlling power, especially a personal god or gods while druidism
is the religion, philosophical beliefs, and attendant ritual practices of the druids.
The belief in and worship of a supernatural controlling power, especially a personal god or gods.
A particular system of faith and worship.
- My brother tends to value religion , but my sister not as much.
- Islam is a major religion in parts of Asia and Africa.
The way of life committed to by monks and nuns.
- Eckankar is a new religion''' but Zoroastrianism is an old '''religion .
Any practice that someone or some group is seriously devoted to.
- The monk entered religion when he was 20 years of age.
(obsolete) Faithfulness to a given principle; conscientiousness.
- At this point, ''Star Trek'' has really become a religion .
- Oh with what religion doe I respect and observe the same!
Generally speaking, certain groups that do not acknowledge the existence of one or more deities, such as Buddhism, are still religious—though some people prefer a definition of religion without non-theistic groups within the definition. Others are in favor of a more inclusive definition of religion that recognizes that everyone has their own set of religious beliefs.
* See also
* belief system
* Abrahamic religion
* false religion
* holy man
* spiritual leader
The religion, philosophical beliefs, and attendant ritual practices of the druids.