The act of producing, making or creating something.
The act of bringing something forward, out etc. for use or consideration.
* 1910 , , "The Lost Sanjak", Reginald in Russia :
- The widget making machine is being used for production now.
the act of being produced
- I tramped to a neighbouring market-town, and, late as the hour was, the production of a few shillings procured me supper and a night's lodging in a cheap coffee-house.
the total amount produced
- The widgets are coming out of production now.
the presentation of a theatrical work
- They hope to increase spaghetti production next year.
an occasion or activity made more complicated than necessary
- We went to a production of Hamlet.
that which is manufactured or is ready for manufacturing in volume (as opposed to a prototype or conceptual model)
- He made a simple meal into a huge production .
The act of lengthening out or prolonging.
- This is the final production model.
* production line
(mathematics) Relative to.
* 1994 , N[ikita] Netsvetaev, "Diffeomorphism Criteria for Simply Connected Even-Dimensional Manifolds", in, Oleg Viro, editor, Topology of Manifolds and Varieties , Advances in Soviet Mathematics [series] 18, [publisher], ISBN 0821841246, page 237,
* 1997 , Paul Selick, Introduction to Homotopy Theory , Fields Institute Monographs [series], [publisher], ISBN 0821806904, page 15,
- Since and are cobordant rel boundary and are n -connected, the number is a nonnnegative integer.
* 2002 , ,
- The following notations are in common use: (rel A'') means that ''H'' is a homotopy rel ''A'' from ''f'' to ''g ....
Algebraic Topology ], [[w:Cambridge University Press, Cambridge], ISBN 0521795400, page 355,
- Then in , there is a map such that and rel' ''A'', so the diagram above is commutative up to homotopy '''rel ''A .