Enumerate is a synonym of rehearse.
As verbs the difference between enumerate and rehearse
is that enumerate
is to specify each member of a sequence individually in incrementing order while rehearse
is to repeat, as what has been already said; to tell over again; to recite.
To specify each member of a sequence individually in incrementing order.
To determine the amount of.
To repeat, as what has been already said; to tell over again; to recite.
To narrate; to relate; to tell.
- There's no need to rehearse the same old argument; we've heard it before, and we all agree.
To practice by recitation or repetition in private for experiment and improvement, prior to a public representation; as, to rehearse a tragedy .
- The witness rehearsed the events of the night before for the listening detectives.
To cause to rehearse; to instruct by rehearsal.
- The lawyer advised her client to rehearse her testimony before the trial date.
* Charles Dickens
- The director rehearsed the cast incessantly in the days leading up to opening night, and as a result they were tired and cranky when it arrived.
- He has been rehearsed by Madame Defarge as to his having seen her.