As a verb regulate
is to dictate policy.
As a noun channelopathy is
(medicine) any inherited disease caused by a mutation in the genes that code for ion channel subunits or the proteins that regulate them.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To dictate policy.
To control or direct according to rule, principle, or law.
- the laws which regulate the successions of the seasons
To adjust to a particular specification or requirement: regulate temperature.
To adjust (a mechanism) for accurate and proper functioning.
- The herdsmen near the frontier adjudicated their own disputes, and regulated their own police.
- to regulate a watch, i.e. adjust its rate of running so that it will keep approximately standard time
To put or maintain in order.
- to regulate the temperature of a room, the pressure of steam, the speed of a machine, etc.
- to regulate the disordered state of a nation or its finances
- to regulate one's eating habits
(medicine) Any inherited disease caused by a mutation in the genes that code for ion channel subunits or the proteins that regulate them.