Cabal vs Region - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Cabal is a related term of region.
As nouns the difference between cabal and region
is that cabal
is a usually secret exclusive organization of individuals gathered for a political purpose while region
is region; area.
As a verb cabal
is to engage in the activities of a.
A usually secret exclusive organization of individuals gathered for a political purpose.
A secret plot.
- The cabal is plotting to take over the world.
An identifiable group within the tradition of .
- The cabal to destroy the building was foiled by federal agents.
- Some episkoposes have a one-man cabal . Some work together. Some never do explain.
* TINC (there is no cabal)
To engage in the activities of a
* I believed her to have been carried off by some persons belonging to a party of Jacobites who were known to be caballing against the government, though to what extent was not then ascertained.
, title=The king's highway
, author=George Payne Rainsford James
* cabal glass
Any considerable and connected part of a space or surface; specifically, a tract of land or sea of considerable but indefinite extent; a country; a district; in a broad sense, a place without special reference to location or extent but viewed as an entity for geographical, social or cultural reasons.
- the equatorial regions
- the temperate regions
- the polar regions
An administrative subdivision of a city, a territory, a country or the European Union.
(historical) Such a division of the city of Rome and of the territory about Rome, of which the number varied at different times; a district, quarter, or ward.
(figuratively) The inhabitants of a region or district of a country.
(anatomy) A place in or a part of the body in any way indicated.
- the upper regions of the atmosphere
(obsolete) Place; rank; station; dignity.
(obsolete) The space from the earth's surface out to the orbit of the moon: properly called the elemental region.
- the abdominal regions