Anyways vs Regardless - What's the difference?
As adverbs the difference between anyways and regardless
is that anyways
is (rare) in any way while regardless
is without attention to warnings or indications of bad consequences.
As an adjective regardless is
having no regard; heedless; careless.
As a preposition regardless is
paying no attention to; regardless of.
(rare) In any way.
(conjunctive, informal, chiefly, North America) Anyway, anyhow, in any case.
* 1865 , (Charles Dickens), (Our Mutual Friend) , Chapman and Hall, accessible through Google Books
*:"Anyways ," said the damsel, "I am glad punishment, and I say so."
- it behoves themto remove all objects, causes, companies, occasions, as may anyways molest him […].
Having no regard; heedless; careless.
* 1843 , :
- I grew, day by day, more moody, more irritable, more regardless of the feelings of others.
* regardless of
Without attention to warnings or indications of bad consequences.
- Tatiana knew the cauliflower was purple, but she ate it regardless .
* at any rate
* come what may
* in any case
Paying no attention to; regardless of.
- Tatiana ate the cauliflower regardless of its colour.