Reflective vs Specular - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between reflective and specular
is that reflective
is something which reflects, or redirects back to the source while specular
is pertaining to mirrors; mirror-like, reflective.
Something which reflects, or redirects back to the source.
Thinking back on the past.
- Mirrors are reflective .
(computing, programming) Involving reflection.
- He always becomes reflective in preparation for the new year.
Pertaining to mirrors; mirror-like, reflective.
* 1969 , Vladimir Nabokov, Ada or Ardor , Penguin 2011, p. 14:
(medicine) Of or relating to a speculum; conducted with the aid of a speculum.
- a perfect likeness would rather suggest a specular , and hence speculatory, phenomenon [...].
Assisting sight, like a lens etc.
* J. Philips
- a specular examination
(poetic) Offering an expansive view; picturesque.
* 1833 , William Wordsworth, Hope Smiled :
- Thy specular orb / Apply to well-dissected kernels; lo! / In each observe the slender threads / Of first-beginning trees.
- Calm as the Universe, from specular towers / Of heaven contemplated by Spirits pure.
- Look once more, ere we leave this specular mount.
* specular iron
* specular stone