As verbs the difference between divert and redivert
is that divert
is to turn aside from a course while redivert
is to divert elsewhere.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To turn aside from a course.
- The workers diverted the stream away from the road.
- that crude apple that diverted Eve
To entertain or amuse (by diverting the attention)
* C. J. Smith
- Don't let him divert your attention; keep your eye on the ball.
(obsolete) To turn aside; to digress.
- We are amused by a tale, diverted by a comedy.
- I diverted to see one of the prince's palaces. — Evelyn.
* (to lead away from a course) offlead
To divert elsewhere.