Rebirth vs Redemption - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between rebirth and redemption
is that rebirth
is reincarnation; new birth subsequent to one's first while redemption
is (religious): redemption; salvation.
Reincarnation; new birth subsequent to one's first.
* 1989 , Saral Jhingran, Aspects of Hindu morality , page 35:
* 2009 , Richard Taruskin, Music in the Nineteenth Century :
- A theistic version of the above doctrine of transmigratory existence is presented best in the Bhagavadgit? which compares the rebirth of the soul in another body to changing of clothes,
* 2000 , Joseph Stoutzenberger, Celebrating Sacraments , page 132:
- And it was the spread of modern nationalism in the aftermath of Napoleon's defeat that mainly accounted for the nineteenth-century rebirth of the “Handelian” oratorio in Germany, where it had never thrived before,
* 2011 , Chad T. Pierce, Spirits and the Proclamation of Christ , page 233:
- The rebirth of Baptism affirms that Christ the healer shares our life.
- Rather, in 1 Pet 3:21, those who have experienced rebirth in Christ, presumably through baptism, are promised an eschatological reward.
the act of redeeming or something redeemed
the recovery, for a fee, of a pawned article
salvation from sin
rescue upon payment of a ransom
* beyond redemption
* past redemption
* redemption fatigue
* redemption price
* redemption value