Podcast vs Recast - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between podcast and recast
is that podcast
is podcast while recast
is the act or process of recasting.
As a verb recast is
to cast or throw again.
An audio programme produced on a regular basis, delivered over the Internet in a compressed digital format and designed for playback on computers or portable digital audio players, such as the iPod.
* The term podcast'' refers to the programme itself; each individual audio recording is referred to as an ''episode .
To deliver (an audio programme) over the internet on a regular basis.
To cast or throw again.
To mould again.
- the Roman gentlemen armed at all assayes, in the middest of their running-race, would cast and recast themselves from one to another horse.
To reproduce in a new form.
* 1999 , Joyce Crick, translating Sigmund Freud, The Interpretation of Dreams , Oxford 2008, p.33:
- The whole bell had to be recast although it had only one tiny, hardly visible crack.
- Our conception of the world rises in us as our intellect recasts the impressions it receives from without into the forms of time, space, and causality.
The act or process of recasting.
(linguistics) An utterance translated into another grammatical form.
- Adults may use recasts to suggest corrections to mistakes in children's speech.