Diet vs Ratio - What's the difference?
As an abbreviation diet
As a noun ratio is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(senseid)The food and beverage a person or animal consumes.
(countable) A controlled regimen of food and drink, as to gain or lose weight or otherwise influence health.
By extension, any habitual intake or consumption.
- The diet of the Giant Panda consists mainly of bamboo.
(countable) A council or assembly of leaders; a formal deliberative assembly.
- He's been reading a steady diet of nonfiction for the last several years.
To regulate the food of (someone); to put on a diet.
- they will diet themselves, feed and live alone.
To modify one's food and beverage intake so as to decrease or increase body weight or influence health.
- She diets him with fasting every day.
(obsolete) To eat; to take one's meals.
* Francis Bacon
- I've been dieting for six months, and have lost some weight.
(obsolete) To cause to take food; to feed.
- Let himdiet in such places, where there is good company of the nation, where he travelleth.
- But partly led to diet my revenge […].
A number representing a comparison between two things.
(arithmetic) The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
(legal) Short for ratio decidendi.