As adverbs the difference between partially and rarely
is that partially
is to a partial degree or extent, incompletely while rarely
is not occurring at a regular interval; seldom; not often.
To a partial degree or extent, incompletely.
Not occurring at a regular interval; seldom; not often.
- We rarely go to the theatre.
Unusually well; excellently.
To a rare degree; very.
- Rarely do you ever find an eagle this far up the river.
- others speake very honourably of his life and death, and in all other circumstances declare him to have beene a most excellent and rarely virtuous man.
It is grammatically a negative word. It therefore collocates with ever rather than never.
* Compare We rarely ever go to the theatre.'' with ''We almost never go to the theatre.
* once in a while
* frequently, usually, often