As nouns the difference between raillery and badinage
is that raillery
is good-natured ridicule, jest or banter while badinage
is playful raillery; banter.
As a verb badinage is
to engage in or playful banter.
good-natured ridicule, jest or banter
* 1847 , , (Jane Eyre), Chapter XVIII
*:Excitement instantly seized the whole party: a running fire of raillery and jests was proceeding when Sam returned.
Playful raillery; banter.
* 1994 , Lawrence G. DiTillio, Babylon 5 , "(Spider in the Web)", 13m 19s
* 2005 , The Times (London), October 31
- [Talia:] You'll forgive me if I'm not in the mood for your usual badinage .
- "No, this was more a night of bellowed barbed badinage , boisterous BS, outrageous declamations and defiant roars."
To engage in or playful banter.