(en proper noun
One of the six states of Australia, occupying the north-eastern part of the continent, with its capital at Brisbane.
(historical) (1859 - 1901) The self governing colony of what is now the state of Queensland.
* Bundy pipe
* Bundy tube
* (Bundaberg rum) bundy
(en proper noun
(Australia, colloquial) Diminutive of'' , ''a coastal city of Queensland.
* 1947 , Charles Barrett, The Sunlit Land: Wanderings in Queensland ,
- “You are coming out to Gayndah?”
- “Yes; when I?m trailing the lungfish.”
* 1985 , Sir James Killen, Killen: Inside Australian Politics ,
- “Hope I?ll see you there. Here?s Bundy . Good-bye.”
* 2010 , Raymond D. Clements, Aussie Rogue ,
- Bundaberg, a provincial city famous for its rum, had been Ted?s last seat in the State Parliament before his retirement. Ted rang me. ‘Will you do me a favour in Bundy ?’ he asked. ‘Of course, what is it?’ I replied. ‘Tell them I am still diluting the milk.’
(Australia, slang) Abbreviation of .
* 1999 , Melissa Lucashenko, Hard Yards ,
- There is a seaside town not far away from Bundy .
* 2005 , John Williams, The Fortunate Life of a Vindicatrix Boy
- Graeme looked sulkily into his grog cabinet at the hole where his Laphroig(sic) should have been. Couldn?t have flogged the bloody Grouse, or the Bundy', nah it had to be the friggen good stuff. Little ''bastard''.Madden's big blunt copper?s hand grabbed the ' Bundy . He sat and poured a heavy dose. Thieving little bastard.
* 2009 , Claire Halliday, Do You Want Sex With That? ,
- It was bloody hard work and bloody hot, so we drank gallons of bloody beer and bloody Bundaberg, in the good old bloody Queensland tradition. Enough, maybe, to wash away any bloody asbestos dust. Bloody Bundy with a bloody beer chaser, as we sweated and cursed and wondered why we were there.
* 2011 , Jacqueline George, Falling Into Queensland ,
- He has also brought more Bundy and cola cans, and offers these to the women as he and his mates go about the men?s business of fixing the mechanical issues that stand in the way of the bight?s other men?s business - leering at strippers.
- “Fucking Bundy . Does it every time.”
- “Well, if you?ve been drinking that shit I?ve got no sympathy for you. Get up and I?ll give you a lift home. In the back.”
* (Bundaberg rum) Bundy rum