As nouns the difference between quatrain and quartet
is that quatrain
is a poem in four lines while quartet
is a music composition in four parts, each performed by a single voice or instrument.
a poem in four lines
a stanza of four lines
- Awake! for Morning in the Bowl of Night,
- Has flung the Stone that puts the stars to flight:
- And Lo! the Hunter of the East has caught
- The Sultan's Turret in a Noose of light.
(music) A music composition in four parts, each performed by a single voice or instrument.
(music) The set of four musicians who perform a piece of music together in four parts.
- A string quartet .
A group of four.
- A quartet of violinists .
* group of four: foursome