A clause or condition which qualifies something; a modification, a limitation.
The act or process of qualifying for a position, achievement etc.
- I accept your offer, but with the following qualification .
(obsolete) A quality or attribute.
*1714 , (Bernard Mandeville), The Fable of the Bees :
*:To shew, that these Qualfications , which we all pretend to be asham'd of, are the great support of a flourishing Society has been the subject of the foregoing Poem.
An ability or attribute that aids someone's chances of qualifying for something; specifically, completed professional training.
- Qualification for this organization is extraordinarily difficult.
- What are your qualifications for this job?
* qualification problem
A necessity or prerequisite; something required or obligatory.
(engineering) A statement (in domain specific terms) which specifies a verifiable constraint on an implementation that it shall undeniably meet or (a)'' be deemed unacceptable, or ''(b)'' result in implementation failure, or ''(c) result in system failure.
* Adjectives often used with "requirement": stringent, complex, reasonable, mandatory, important, financial, medical, educational, physical, chemical
* Verbs often used with "requirement": meet, comply with, satisfy, fulfill, impose, waive, abolish, drop, add, remove, fail to meet, ignore, understand, state, specify, increase, reduce, change, modify
* (prerequisite) condition, prerequisite, necessity
* functional requirement
* requirements engineering
* requirements analysis