Persian vs Qalamdan - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between persian and qalamdan
is that persian
is while qalamdan
is a persian box or case for storing a pen.
(en proper noun
A family of languages spoken primarily in Iran, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan.
* Persian is the name applied to the official language of Iran. This language is also spoken in Tajikistan and some parts of Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.
* The name "Farsi" (the local name for Persian) has recently developed currency in English to refer to the dialect spoken in Iran. Afghans usually call it Dari, and the version spoken in Tajikistan is called Tajiki Persian or simply Tajiki.
A person of Iranian descent.
A domestic cat breed.
A pastry local to the in Canada often compared to either a cinnamon bun or a donut topped with pink icing.
A breed of sheep prized for its lambs' wool.
A thin silk fabric, formerly used for linings.
* (member of the people) Iranian, the word Persian is mostly used in historical contexts.
Of, from, or pertaining to Persia.
Of or pertaining to the Persian people.
Of or pertaining to the Persian language.
* (of the people) Iranian
* Persian berry
* Persian blue
* Persian cat
* Persian column
* Persian cumin
* Persian darnel
* Persian drill
* Persian fire
* Persian Gulf
* Persian lilac
* Persian powder
* Persian red
* Persian Wars
* Persian wheel
English–Persian and Persian–English dictionary
* It's a family or related languages. The individual ones are:
A Persian box or case for storing a pen.
* 1985 , Stuart Cary Welch, India: Art and Culture, 1300-1900 (page 139)
English words containing Q not followed by U
- Like other qalamdans made for discerning and affluent penmen, this one is inscribed with its maker's name and the date of its execution as well as a virtual anthology of appropriate Arabic and Persian verses.