Pet vs Pvc - What's the difference?
In organic compound|lang=en terms the difference between pet and pvc
is that pet
is (organic compound) polyethylene terephthalate while pvc
is (organic compound) p'oly'''v'''inyl ' c
As an acronym pet
is (organic compound) polyethylene terephthalate.
As an initialism pvc is
(organic compound) p'oly'''v'''inyl ' c
Attested since the 1500s in the sense "indulged child" and since the 1530s in the sense "animal companion".
The verb is derived from the noun.]
, image=Pudel miniatura 342.jpg
An animal kept as a companion.
One who is excessively loyal to a superior.
Any person or animal especially cherished and indulged; a darling.
- the love of cronies, pets , and favourites
* companion animal
To stroke or fondle (an animal).
(informal) To stroke or fondle (another person) amorously.
(informal) Of two or more people, to stroke and fondle one another amorously.
(dated) To treat as a pet; to fondle; to indulge.
(archaic) To be a pet.
- His daughter was petted and spoiled.
* pet cemetery
* pet name
* pet peeve
* pet project
* pet shop
* pet store
* teacher's pet
- a pet child
* F. Harrison
- a pet theory
- Some young lady's pet curate.
A fit of petulance, a sulk, arising from the impression that one has been offended or slighted.
* 1891 , Mary Noailles Murfree, In the "Stranger People's" Country , Nebraska 2005, p. 105:
- There was something ludicrous, even more, unbecoming a gentleman, in leaving a friend's house in a pet , with the host's reproaches sounding in his ears, to be matched only by the bitterness of the guest's sneering retorts.
(Geordie) A term of endearment usually applied to women and children.
(organic compound) p'oly'''v'''inyl ' c hloride
(medicine) p'remature '''v'''entricular ' c ontraction of the heart
(medicine) p'eripheral '''v'''enous ' c atheter
(networking) p'ermanent '''v'''irtual ' c ircuit
* (organic chemistry) Bashford, David.
Thermoplastics: Directory and databook; ISBN 9780412733505. London: Chapman & Hall, 1997.
* (chemistry) ABS