As nouns the difference between announcement and publishing
is that announcement
is an act of announcing, or giving notice while publishing
is the industry of publishing, including the production and distribution of books, magazines, web sites, newspapers, etc.
As a verb publishing is
An act of announcing, or giving notice.
That which conveys what is announced.
- ''He raised his hand to make his announcement and said "Excuse me everyone, I have an announcement to make."
The content which is announced.
- This announcement was made during the first training session.
- The announcement implied that somebody needed a spare Toshiba charger.
The industry of publishing, including the production and distribution of books, magazines, web sites, newspapers, etc.
Something published; a publication.
* 2002 , Elizabeth Blades-Zeller, A Spectrum of Voices
- I read as much as I can: Journal of Singing, the Journal of Research in Singing, and the publishings of the Voice Foundation.
* publishing house
* publishing date
* publishing firm