As adjectives the difference between psychiatric and psycho
is that psychiatric
is of, or relating to, psychiatry while psycho
is (colloquial|or|pejorative) psychotic, or otherwise insane.
As a noun psycho is
(pejorative|slang) a person who is psychotic or otherwise insane.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Of, or relating to, psychiatry.
(colloquial, or, pejorative) Psychotic, or otherwise insane.
(pejorative, slang) A person who is psychotic or otherwise insane.
(pejorative, slang) A person who acts in a bizarre or dangerous manner.
- The loony bin up on the hill is full of psychos .
(informal) A class, at a college or university, in which psychology is taught.
- She complained that he was a psycho for driving at such a high speed in heavy traffic.
- "I've got anthro, socio, lunch, and psycho."
* (pejorative for a pyschotic or otherwise insane person) freak, loony, nutcase, wacko
* (pejorative for a person acting in a bizarre or dangerous manner) creep, freak, loose cannon, weirdo