As a proper noun galaxy
is (astronomy|dated) the milky way galaxy, from when it was thought the universe (our universe) had only one galaxy.
As a noun pseudobulge is
(astronomy) a small galaxy that is easily mistaken for a bulge of a larger one.
* 1633 , John Donne, "Sapho to Philænis":
(galaxy) Any of the collections of many millions of stars, galactic dust, black holes, etc. existing as independent and coherent systems, of which there are billions in the known universe.
- So may thy cheekes red outweare scarlet dye, / And their white, whitenesse of the Galaxie [...].
* (astronomy) G (abbreviation)
* active galaxy
* dwarf galaxy
* elliptical galaxy
* galaxy cluster / cluster of galaxies
* galaxy filament / filament of galaxies
* galaxy nucleus
* galaxy sheet / sheet of galaxies
* galaxy wall / wall of galaxies
* irregular galaxy
* lenticular galaxy
* spiral galaxy
* whirlpool galaxy
(astronomy) A small galaxy that is easily mistaken for a bulge of a larger one